OCC Challenge - Let it Snow!!!

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Good Morning! I'm here bright and early with another challenge from Our Creative Corner. This week the theme is "Let it Snow" and we incorporating snow and snowflakes into out cards. My card incorporated both, using green snowflakes to create a Christmas tree and I used white vellum to create a snowy ground. I tore the vellum to leave a jagged edge and then folded the vellum around to the underside of the card to adhere it. This way you don't see any glue through the vellum. I took some stickles and traced the jagged edges to give a more snowy effect.


The star on my tree also comes from the snowflake punch. I just tore off some of the snowflake "arms". I love how the clear rhinestones look like ornaments.
I hope you have a great weekend and get everything crossed off your to-do list. I know mine is rather daunting. Now, head on over to Our Creative Corner and check out what the rest of the design team created using snow and snowflakes. I hope you get the opportunity to play along.

{Christmas Blessings}

Stamps: Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Card Stock: Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Fresh Snow (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart), Yellow Pearl (Kaiser Craft), Clear Rhinestones (Bazzill), Vellum (The Paper Studio), Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger), White Gel Pen (Sakura)
Bookmark and Share

20 comments:

Lori Rider December 19, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

Dana, what a great idea for a Christmas tree! It looks fabulous with the punched snowflakes and rhinestones. The vellum snowdrifts are so clever and so pretty!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie December 19, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Super wonderful card this week, Dana. I really love the craft and your tree is brilliant!! What an amazing idea to use the snowflakes to build the tree - you hit it out of the ballpark with this challenge!

Christmas {{{hugs}}} to you!

Mrs B December 19, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

Dana, Such a creative card! I love what you did with the snowflake theme!
CindyB

Stacy's Paper Crafts December 19, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

Such a cute card! Love the snowflake tree :)

The Ossege Family December 19, 2009 at 10:59 AM  

That is soooo creative, I love it!!!

What a unique way to use the snowflake punch!

Jenna Wunderlich December 19, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

oooh, this is the most creative card I've seen in awhile:)

Alberta December 19, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

Fabulous! Absolutely creative!

LorettaL December 19, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

What a clever snowflake tree, Dana!!!

Silke Ledlow December 19, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

GORGEOUS!!! I love your take on this weeks challenge!!! The snowflake tree is the BOMB - Dana!!!

Happy Holidays!!! Hugs ~S~

Joycelyn Pelkey December 19, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

What a clever creation...absolutely GORGEOUS, Dana!!!

Melissa December 19, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

How stinkin clever! What a cool way to use snowflakes! I gotta do that sometime!

Jennifer Meyer December 20, 2009 at 2:05 AM  

Beautiful card Dana, LOVE the snowflake tree and pretty border of snow!

Have a wonderful Christmas, Jennifer :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie December 20, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Oh I love this Dana so beautiful!!!

JenE December 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Wow Dana! This has got the be one of the best, most creative cards, prettiest cards I've ever seen!!! I love your take on using snowflakes on the tree, love that you tore vellum (I'm so afraid of vellum!) to make it look like snow. Wow, I just love this card :)
Thanks for sharing w/us!

Sheila Bennett December 20, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

Very cute tree - the snowflake punch makes a wonderful tree. And I really like your snowy 'hills' that the tree is sitting on.

Wendy J. December 20, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

This is so darn cute, Dana! I LOOOVVVE it!

florascrap December 21, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

Hey there...I know you!!! :) I was browsing SCS. I came across this card and opened the thumbnail because it caught my eye (what a beauty) and recognized your avatar. If you don't remember, I went to high school with you (maiden name Yauch). So fun to discover that one of my classmates has a blog too--especially with the same CAS style! Great blog Dana!

Pat (mspfd) December 22, 2009 at 8:33 AM  

Love your snowflake tree! It looks perfect. TFS!

Rose December 25, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

I love your tree!! fantastic idea and i had to use it for my card today :) thanks for the inspiration.

Jenny Gropp December 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

This is so cute and creative! Gonna have to file this idea away -- I just love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP